WEA Religious Liberty Prayer News
February 6th, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
The World Evangelical Alliance is a global ministry working with local churches around the world to join in common concern to live and proclaim the Good News of Jesus in their communities. God is glorified and the nations of the earth are forever transformed.
The purpose of the WEA Religious Liberty Prayer Release is to keep you informed and mobilized in prayer and intercession for the needs of justice and religious liberty in the Church around the globe, so that we can stand together for the work of the Kingdom and the healing of the Nations. The Prayer Release is comprised on the basis of different credible resources.
Hindu Extremists continue the onslaught on Christians in India
A Christian community centre holding 800 people from 28 villages in India was attacked by a multitude of Hindu radicals.
Moreover, a Pastor in Haryana State was beaten up by Hindu extremists and was brought before a judge under the false charge of luring people to convert.
- Pray for God’s protection over Christian workers who continue to minister the gospel in villages despite the ongoing persecution.
- Pray that God would open the eyes and soften the hearts of those harassing Christians.
- Pray for greater religious freedoms in India.
Fulani and Boko Haram Militants continue violent acts against Christians in Nigeria
Two Christians in Plateau State, Nigeria were kidnapped, beaten and brutally murdered by Muslim Fulani herdsmen.
Moreover, a Brethren Pastor was executed in Northeast Nigeria by the Boko Haram militants. There have been multiple abductions and killings of Christians by Islamic extremists in the recent past.
- Pray that God will protect, strengthen and encourage believers in Nigeria who are being persecuted for their faith.
- Pray that government officials in Nigeria will come to know Jesus Christ and follow His will for their lives.
- Pray that the oppressors in Nigeria will come to receive the word of God.
Rohingya Muslim Extremists mob attack refugee camp in Bangladesh
At least 100 Rohingya Muslim Extremists attacked a defenceless Christian community in Bangladesh.
Amongst the injured were women and children who have been hospitalized due to the brutality cast upon them by the extremists.
- Pray for the protection of the displaced Christians and a safe place for those seeking refuge.
- Pray that the leaders of Bangladesh would take corrective measures to safeguard the persecuted.
- Pray that the Christian refugees would find a safe place to settle.